TRIBOLOGY IN COSMETICS: NOT A NOVELTY, BUT A POWERFUL TOOL!
Evaluating the feel to a product and quantifying it objectively; measuring friction on a range of supports, including skin, hair and nails with accuracy to within a few microns; exploring how different sorts of stress affects depletion of these supports :
Tribology in cosmetics is a powerful tool forenhancing the performance of products, comparing them to others on the market, creating new sensations through modeling, all of which offers new outlooks and possibilities to designers!
- Examining overall friction or friction just at the level of a single hair cuticle in order to assess products’ properties.
- Expert appraisals of structural depletion by AFM
- Friction on skin, “touch feeling”, durability, structural changes, evolution over time.
- Contact with nails
- Hair analyses
- Chemical analyses of products used
- Help choosing alternative organic raw materials
- And much more …
A tool that used to be the preserve of major corporations is now available to you.