WORKING ON GLASS, MINERALS AND CERAMICS ENTAILS DEALING WITH A HOST OF ISSUES RELATING TO ABRASION, FRAGILITY AND THERMODYNAMICS – AND THAT IS A COMPLEX CHALLENGE!
InS specialises in contacts and the tribology of mineral systems with a view to meeting requirements
- Determination of thermodynamic properties
- Rheology of mineral systems at high temperatures
- Friction and wearing
- Protection against liquid metals (Refractory dressing)
InS already has carried out many activities in this field:
- Design of high-temperature surface protection against oxidation and gaseous diffusion
- Study appropriate types of rheology for metal deformation
- Study of friction and adhesive properties of ceramic: mineral polymers systems
- Doping deformation enamels to enhance surface quality
InS uses its knowledge of structural analysis, thermodynamics, high-temperature friction, high-temperature rheology, mineral chemistry, tribology and much more.