ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES ARE ALREADY USED FOR SETTING MECHANICAL COMPONENTS BUT DOES THE SAME GO FOR INTERFACES?
Rolling bearing, constant-velocity joints, gears, chains, cables, complex units with interfaces with friction conditions of varying intensity.
When working in chemically aggressive environments, amid abrasive pollution, special atmospheres or radioactivity: has everything been planned for and what are the consequences?
InS has delivered numerous services, including on a variety of metallurgical, ceramic and composite materials.
Standard Timken, SRV, FZG, Four-ball, Amsler and Falex tests made to measure: InS can cover all mechanisms and materials on a wide variety of contact pressure ranges, friction speeds, temperatures and friction types.
- Study false brinelling and issues related to small displacements.
- Research into ways to improve the quality of gear grinding under heavy loads.
- Nano-additives for special performances.
- Study of surface coating with HD or EHD solutions or limitations for extreme conditions.
- Research into change in surface treatment and adaptation of support metallurgical work.
- Study of interactions between an array of composite ceramic materials, organic compounds, metal and surface treatment.
- Research into optimised metallurgical/surface treatment/lubricant system solutions.
- Freeting corrosion
InS brings together tribology, chemistry, heat treatment and surface treatment technologies, digital simulation and many other scientific fields to conduct its work in this industrial sector.