COMPLEX TECHNOLOGIES FOR TACKLING A VARIETY OF PROBLEMS!
Plating, whether decorative or functional, always involves materials with complex structures deposited on a surface.
The variety of available surfaces and types of plating and the range of properties that manufacturers want to impart means that there is a large number of possible configurations.
The array of scientific resources at InS’s disposal enables us to handle a wide range of cases:
- Scratch tests under various forms of mechanical and chemical stress, tolerance of pressure from static and dynamic contacts
- Adhesive performances
- Expertise on adhesions and ductility
- Abrasion resistance
Study of Properties and Performances:
- Corrosion, in various atmospheres
- Friction, diagram (Hertzian stress, Velocity)
- Stability and properties at high temperatures
- Stability with liquid metals
- Separator effect
- Electrical and thermal properties
- Oleophobic, oleophilic and hydrophobic properties, etc.
Monitor quality and perform expert appraisals of defects:
- Surface structure and composition in materials and cutting
- Qualitative and quantitative research into inclusions
- Porosity study
- Structural homogeneity
- Wetting problems
- Developing functional coatings
- Critical revaluation of new technologies
- Research into functional doping
Application: controlling this is essential:
- Application laboratory
- Pilot tests
- Support with mass production